Succeeding in College - What Ensures Success and Future Achievement to Pay Off Those Loans?

Okay so, I'd like to talk a little bit today about success in college. The reason is because I had to leave college to run my business. When I left, I didn't consider it a failure, rather I considered the college a failure in their inability to answer all my questions and teach me at a pace that I was capable of learning. You see, I took 33 credits in one semester in California, and I think I might have the record for that. I had to go to two different colleges to do it and then merge the transcripts later. At the end of that semester I ended up with an AS in business and an AA in general.

The other day, I was talking to an acquaintance about all this and he rationalized that some of the greatest entrepreneurs of all time, or the most successful anyway had also had to leave college to run their companies. People like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Michael Dell, and the latest kid Mark Zuckerberg to name a few. So, it would be hard to say that succeeding in college is a prerequisite for success in the real world. Likewise, I believe that success in college does not ensure future achievement in your career, business, or even your ability to pay off all those student loans.

Many believe that to succeed in life you must go to college, and that is absolute horse dung. I can tell you that most of the local small business people who were quite successful in the various cities I've lived in did not have college degrees, but they have many people with college degrees who work for them. Further, it has always been noted that those who get a B average in college are hiring the people who got an A average to work for them. Isn't that ironic? Sure it is, but it's so typical that it's important that we state the facts.